We have written a blogpost about it. Please, click here.
English regulations regarding access and use in buildings are mainly gathered in Approved Document M. This file suggests the following in relation to baby changing facilities:
- Sanitary facilities should be available to everybody, including users of either gender with babies.
- Wheelchair-accessible unisex toilets should not be used for baby changing.
- An enlarged cubicle 1200mm wide in a separate-sex toilet washroom could benefit parents with children, among other users; besides other fittings like bathroom grab rails, one should consider to install a fold-down table inside such a compartment.
- In large buildings, it is "desirable" to provide separate facilities for baby changing.
With similar suggestions, Irish booklets on the matter add:
- Hand washing and drying facilities should be provided adjacent to the baby changers, along with nappy disposal bins, and a shelf or table for personal belongings.
- An accessible place for breast-feeding (separate from the toilet facilities) should be furnished wherever space allows so. It is expected to be equipped with a comfortable chair and have room for a large pram or pushchair.
Please, read the source texts or consult a professional to confirm this information.
This blog post has some accessibility indications when choosing or installing a baby changing table, since the child's guardian or babysitter could be disabled or with limited mobility, like it could be quite common for example in the case of grandparents.
We are not aware of any specific regulation for cleaning the straps of baby changers, however we can recommend and supply a sanitising spray.
|Construction||Materials||High density polyethylene|
|Packed Weight||12.5 kg|
|Finishes||Grey / Silver ABS|
|Dimensions||Product Height||585 mm|
|Product Width||855 mm|
|Product Depth||107/495 mm|
|Packaging Height||610 mm|
|Packaging Width||890 mm|
|Packaging Depth||125 mm|
|Other||SGC test report certifies the compliance with ASTM F2285-04 standard|
Very efficient. High quality product. Will definitely be ordering again in the future.
Service rating : Fantastic experience from order, to delivery right down a follow up call once we had received. Lovely, friendly and professional. Thank you!
Product : Great quality, neat and tidy
Service rating : Straightforward from start to finish. Good website, good product selection, simple invoicing, payment, VAT process.
Nice follow up call/chat from sales team.
Product : Good sturdy product, safety is paramount.